Friday 20 August 2010

The Jackalope Secrets

I made it! I made it! I became a victim a volunteer of Kris'n'goodbooks Choose your own m/m story challenge - and I survived!

As you know, readers voted for 5 story prompts that I had to include into the story. I decided to put all of them in, plus one suggestion from the discussion after the voting has ended. So it was 21 things I made a story about. Just how good am I? Not to mention I had to put in two nerds who think they are Sam and Dean from Supernatural - I have never ever seen a single episode of Supernatural!

OK, enough bragging: you can read the story here or download it for your e-reader here.

And what it is about:

What can make a young director hide under the stuffed bison? The answer is in the museum after hours where Will struggles to keep his sanity. His crew is sent directly from hell, there are too many ghosts and the crowbar and the curator are nowhere to be found. When Will finally finds the latter he wishes he rather had gone insane. The curator is Roger, Will's lover who has left him unexpectedly and rather mysteriously three years ago. And there are more and more surprises to come including mythical creatures, shocking revelations and life-changing decisions.

3 comments:

  1. And what a fabulous story it is, Matthew. Well done!

    Especially liked the bit where the ghost forces everyone to tell the truth, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. It was terrific. I gigglesnorted my way through a couple of scenes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! *blushes* To tell the truth, I had sooo much fun doing this.

    ReplyDelete